It is well documented the fashion industry accounts for consuming unsustainable amounts of virgin fibers, energy, water, chemicals, and so on. We like to get involved and change this. In fact we strongly believe that sustainability will play a central role in any future successful business in our industry.
These are things we do to reduce our footprint on the environment:
Back-end of the chain:
- Design. Never out of style is our motto, or call it our versions of classics if you will. For same reason we try not to exaggerate or over complicate.
- Quality. Similar to good design, good quality is made to last. Simple as that.
- Construction. Again, keep it simple. The garments should be easy to disassemble and recycle when time comes.
- Recycling. We use recycled fibers in the fabrics for our garments as much as we possibly can and we increase this number year by year.
- Fabric innovation. Through partnerships with some of the most progressive fabric suppliers and collaborations with sustainability innovators we aim to be a platform for new technologies.
- Organic. It is far from as good as recycled fibers but better than conventional fabrics, hence our primary option when recycled are not available.
- Fiber Ranking. When recycled or organic fibers are not available or do not hold up to our quality standards, we use an internal ranking system of fibers to keep making the best possible choices.
Front end of the chain:
- Time Share. Don´t buy this suit, rent it. Come visit our Stockholm store to rent suits and outerwear.
- The Ragbag. One in, one out. A shopping bag from UFTD that aims to extend the garment life-cycle. Simply pull the shopping bag inside out to donate a used garment to a charity of your choice. Postage prepaid. Voila!
- Lectures and Seminars. We speak and inspire to how we can live sustainable lives and how the fashion industry can lead transformation.